Steve Chapman spent 18 years working in the Fire Marshal’s Office and now works as a private fire investigator/code consultant since 2009. He is a Certified Fire Investigator with the IAAI, a Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator with NAFI. Mr. Chapman is also a Certified Master Fire Investigator and Inspector with the Texas Fire Commission and International Fire Code Plans Examiner.
Steve holds an AAS in Fire Science from Columbia Southern University. He is also a graduate of the University of Houston Police Academy and TX A&M Fire Academy.
He has been an instructor in numerous fire/arson investigation and fire prevention/code inspection classes throughout the years. He has over 20 years of experience and extensive training with fire/arson investigations, fire code inspections, plan review and compliance. He is a Certified Fire K9 handler and has an active Accelerant Detection K9 Team.
Mr. Chapman is a retired law enforcement officer and was assigned to the arson division with 15 years of police service. He also has a firefighting background with over 28 years of continuous service and currently is active with a local fire department in the North Houston area.
He currently owns and operates S.C. Fire Consulting, Inc. serving Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Oklahoma as a private fire investigation/code analysis consulting firm, based out of Houston, Texas. S.C. Fire Consulting is a preferred fire code consulting company for the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office and has been for the past six years.
- International Association of Arson Investigators (Certified Fire Investigator)
- International Certified Fire Inspector II
- International Certified Hazard Materials Awareness & Operations
- International Certified Level II Fire Officer
- International Certified Plans Examiner
- IAAI - Evidence Collection Technician
- National Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator
- National Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator
- Texas Certified Driver/Operator
- Texas Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- Texas Fire Level II Instructor
- Texas Certified Head of Prevention and Suppression
- Texas Master Certified Fire Inspector
- Texas Master Fire Investigator
- Texas Master Firefighter
- Texas Peace Officer
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY Training
- Electrical Aspects of Fire Investigations
- Fire and Arson Investigation
- Fire Dynamics and Fire Modeling
- Fire Inspection Principles
- Forensic Evidence Collection for Arson
- Interview & Interrogation/Courtroom Testimony
- Plan Review for Inspectors
- Principles of Fire Protection Structures and Systems
- Strategic Analysis of Community Risk Reduction