Steve Chapman spent 18 years working in the Fire Marshal’s Office and now works as a private fire investigator/code consultant since 2009. He is a Certified Fire Investigator with the IAAI, a Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator with NAFI. Mr. Chapman is also a Certified Master Fire Investigator and Inspector with the Texas Fire Commission and International Fire Code Plans Examiner.
He has been an instructor in numerous fire/arson investigation and fire prevention/code inspection classes throughout the years. He has over 20 years of experience and extensive training with fire/arson investigations, fire code inspections, plan review and compliance. He is a Certified Fire K9 handler and has an active Accelerant Detection K9 Team.
Mr. Chapman is a retired law enforcement officer and was assigned to the arson division with 15 years of police service. He also has a firefighting background with over 28 years of continuous service and currently is active with a local fire department in the North Houston area.
He currently owns and operates S.C. Fire Consulting, Inc. serving Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Oklahoma as a private fire investigation/code analysis consulting firm, based out of Houston, Texas. S.C. Fire Consulting is a preferred fire code consulting company for the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office and has been for the past six years.
- IAAI - Evidence Collection Technician
- International Association of Arson Investigators (Certified Fire Investigator)
- International Certified Fire Inspector II
- International Certified Hazard Materials Awareness & Operations
- International Certified Level II Fire Officer
- International Certified Plans Examiner
- National Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator
- National Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator
- Texas Certified Driver/Operator
- Texas Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- Texas Fire Level II Instructor
- Texas Certified Head of Prevention and Suppression
- Texas Master Certified Fire Inspector
- Texas Master Fire Investigator
- Texas Master Firefighter
- Texas Peace Officer
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY Training
- Electrical Aspects of Fire Investigations
- Fire and Arson Investigation
- Fire Dynamics and Fire Modeling
- Fire Inspection Principles
- Forensic Evidence Collection for Arson
- Interview & Interrogation/Courtroom Testimony
- Plan Review for Inspectors
- Principles of Fire Protection Structures and Systems
- Strategic Analysis of Community Risk Reduction